the name zero warning is on point to this ma, cause its a map with many possible routes to take and like on the finale where you request for a rescue at that place, the rescue is not near there but from like on the other side of the map with some routes closed(caused by a storm with trees blocking the path) , i took all the possible routes for each map so its your choice to pick one of them and even then its very challenging
Good to see this back up, cool to see Hard Rain features utilized, expansive map, differing routes to take, goo stuff. Layout is a bit confusing though, managed to make a loop on chapter 2, haha. If I'm not mistaken there can be multiple chopper rescue points as well, could be wrong.
The hints on where to go & what to do are clear.
Plenty to explore but its easy to get lost.
The supplies & ammo piles were spread out nicely,didn't need to worry about getting low.
The rescue at the end was highlighted which helped as I had no idea where to go.
Some places the water was deep that myself & the bots drowned,but I think Valve should of given the survivors the ability to swim.
The backtracking part was pretty vague,with the hard rain like visibility making it more challenging.
Bot nav is a bit weird,they had a habit of hanging off edges when travelling around.
Horde spawn felt frequent which kind of slowed down progression a bit.
It has replayability & I'll keep it in my addons.
It's just 3 maps but long for map 1 & 2. Because the maps are explorable, they look like labyrinths if you just run randomly. In this campaign, one most important thing you need is a good memory to remember the path, because in map 2, you retrace the way back to the middle of map 1 for the safe house. If you're not good enough at remembering the paths, I suggest that you stick to the wall. Beware of water, as in a certain place, it's really deep. I fell several times, but fortunately there was a way up (I still wonder why none of the survivors can swim lol :D ) .
- The campaign is fully explorable. You can run everywhere, but at your own risks :D .
- The hints are clear & there are guideposts to show where to go to safe room.
- On the finale, the highlights on the rescue vehicle helps much. If there hadn't no highlight, I would've wandered & got lost in the way to find the rescue vehicle under the pursuit of horde.
- Bot navigation is fine
- The supplies are enough. Weapons are scattered along the paths so if players are running out of ammo, they can pick other weapons found on the way or go to some place with ammo piles on the way.
- The panic event is more frequent than a campaign normally has, so you need to find places to defend more often
- The explorable campaign has a drawback. If the players just run randomly, they'll more likely go back to the first place.
- There are some dialogue errors (probably to be fixed later), like in the beginning, the helicopter said about anchor.
- Rather extreme finale. There are 3 waves. End of first wave, there comes one Tank. End of second wave, there come two Tanks. End of third wave, there come two Tanks (or three? I just kept shooting so I forgot to count). Sometimes the some special infected & the leftovers of the horde follow behind so fighting Tanks feels more difficult than usual.
In overalls, a good & working campaign, especially for those who love non-linear campaign with the freedom of exploration. I'll keep this in my addons to play later with friends.