Recent Updates (File Credits, Tags, Updates)

• GameMaps (System)
    It's been another busy week here at GameMaps and that means even more updates!  Our main focus is ensuring publishers have all the tools they need to ensure player satisfactory.  We do recommend everyone publishes content through the Beta to ensure you get the best experience.  Although we don't have a release date for the beta, we would like to ensure everyone is ready for the transition.  In the meantime if you notice any issues using the Beta please let us know. 

File Credits

When you add/edit a file you will notice new updates to the credits system. With these improvements, it should be much more user friendly and easier to use.

Legacy Credits

Legacy credits are the old credits system. If you have legacy credits you will see an alert "Legacy credits are discontinued. Update your credits using the new system below." (image below). If you do not update your credits, don't worry... the legacy credits will still appear on your details page. You can update the credits to the new system at your convenience.

Credit Options

You will now notice 3 options to choose from when filling out credits. Not only do these options help ensure credit accuracy, it also allows us to understand the users role when publishing the file. I am a publisher - You are helping promote this item to players around the world. I am the developer - You are the project owner and/or lead developer. I am a contributor - You've modified, fixed, or produced a variant of this item. Depending on which option you choose, the credits will automatically configure accordingly. If you select 'Publisher', the credits will show a 'Uncredited' indicator until you add additional credits. Note: To update the credits caption under your name, remove and re-add yourself. (Edit option will be added Monday) -----

Additional Updates

- New tag suggestions feature available when adding or editing a file. - Seasonal system tags have been removed. (obsolete with events/holidays) - Default file display for guests has changed to row view. (instead of thumbnails) - Content located in 'Coming Soon' will only show unreleased content within 90 days. - Discussion images now open on-screen with option to view full image. - Discussions area will no longer show games with 0 topics. - Removed black info bars on files for mouse hover (thumbs) this is a gallery only feature. - Added 'My History' back to the left sidebar because users had difficulty finding this area. - Fixed a bug that didn't show 'End of results.' when you reached the last item. There are many new features coming soon we're sure you'll enjoy... One of the features we aim to release soon are 'Private Listings'.. What are private listings? Basically you will be able to publish content privately and share it with your friends, family or whomever you wish! More details will be available in the next news announcement. Thanks for supporting GameMaps! - The GameMaps Team
    100% 0%
  • Hello:

Glad to hear what "management" is up to.  But speaking for myself, I think you people need to concentrate on eradicating bugs more than adding new features, because if you do that the website will never go from beta to "retail" (finished.)  Keep in mind long time members like myself have been waiting for years!

I found a few bugs recently in fact, and since Computator asked me not to send bug reports via private message I'm doing this publicly:

When I recently had my mods sorted by number of views it did not actually sort them (they seemed to be sorted randomly in fact.)  So instead of the one with the most views on top and 2nd most underneath basically the mods order seemed to pay no attention whatsoever to the number of views.

A 2nd bug was noticed at the same time in that there are 50 mods of mine, but the list when sorted by number of views showed some of the same mods twice instead of once.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
    100% 0%
  • Just to clarify for anyone else, bugs in private messages are totally fine, especially if it has confidential information or something. But if it's all public, posting it here may get a faster response since all staff can see it and keep track, and others with the same issue can see and discuss too. 🙂
    100% 0%
  • I'm just wondering what can I do with my "legacy" credits?  I never really knew what I could do with them in the first place, to be honest which is why I never tried to use any of them.
    0% 0%
  • Legacy credits are the "Developer/Author(s)" field when adding a map, mod or file from the old-live site.

On the beta, the credits system has updated and it's recommended to update your credits.   If you do not update your credits on the beta, your legacy credits will be displayed on the details page instead.  You can update your credits at your convenience. 
    0% 0%
  • In the my account section I have 5,191 credits.  Are we talking about the same thing?  I don't need to update the other type of "credits" because the information is current as I haven't been in the habit of having co-authors, etc.  And I've been retired for over a year.
    0% 0%
  • I apologize for misunderstanding. 

- File credits / legacy credits are not the same as account credits.  Like credits after a move, publishers should credit contributors.

- Account credits however are different, you can spend these credits the credits shop.  No action is needed.
    100% 0%

End of results.