While the visuals look pretty good, the campaign is ruined by many poor design choices that break many of the established L4D conventions: infected can run through solid objects that players cannot, no visual cues on how to end the campaign, and in some safe rooms there is no ammo nor health kits.
The missing texture display on level load should have warned us this is not a serious campaign.
Don't waste your time.
Dark and decent, unique and reality urban/forest/industrial environments
Atmosphere like No Mercy and Crash Course
Pretty good map design and detail
Easy and clear where to go
Lot of hordes
Unique and great ammo/item balance setting, but see CONS
Great weapon balance setting but see CONS
Tank and safe room event in map 4
Overall challenging events
Perfect bot's NAV/AI
Overall a bit easy played
Overall no event messages
No first aid kits in safe room of map 3 and 5
No any items and weapons at finale area
- New environment for the finale
- Good directions for most maps (see cons)
- Nothing at all in safe room
- Bots didn't take medkits on the first level
- Hardly any medkits around the maps
- First time we played the finale there was no 'rescue is coming, defend yourselves' so we had no idea what to do
- In the early maps, you can shoot a gas can in order to get better weapons, although if you walk over it or punt it, it disappears
There is some decent ideas for the campaign but with still so many things needing improvement, it's not worth the download until it is updated.
---- In general ----
+ Acceptable level design.
+ Good amount of throwables.
+ Good spread of supplies.
+ AI navigation was working.
+ Acceptable difficulty.
+ Horde events made sense.
+ Finale design was epic, but see Cons.
+ More than enough directions, but see Cons.
---- Map 1 ----
- Bland street textures.
---- Map 2 ----
- Weapons inside some boxes were only reachable for AI.
---- Map 3 ----
- No directions in the woods in this darkness.
---- Map 4 ----
- Map design too dark, especially for finding my way, even with flashlight.
---- Finale ----
- Senseless case because what ever was meant to happen, just didn't.
---- In general ----
- Very dark, the darkest campaign I've ever played.
Well it was quite a pitty that the finale didn't work, this truely decreases the rating, but still I think you have made a good, very dark, sometimes too dark campaign.
Looks like it COULD be a good campaign
Had fun trying to find my way around
Really dark in some areas
Missing textures all over the place
The ending is all messed up. After u fight in the finale and the big metal door opens and you run inside/ There is no where to go. No instructions. You just stand there and DIE...No point to it!!! We respawned and couldn't move, we were stuck. Had to restart the campaign all over again!!!
If it's intended for Versus, then take the Coop off!!