Since the new update, the skybox texture has been renewed to the 2008 skybox. But what it brought was the ground floor below the rooftops syncing in with the skybox making it so you see a ground and a blue void. Also, a shader bug when playing with it at High makes the windows shiny as a mirror. Other than that, great map.
Sobre el mapa remake no mercy (turtle rocks studio) /About the remake no mercy map
PROS :It has good 4K graphics and makes it the closest thing to turtle rocks / CONTRAS : none
The map fits very well with that of left 4 dead turtle rocks, it assimilates a lot doing a good job, the models in high resolution 4K, it is incredible, from what I see the author of the map took a good time, he deserves my support . 5 STARS / 10/10
El mapa cuadra muy bien con el de left 4 dead turtle rocks , se asimila bastante haciendo un buen trabajo , los modelos en alta resolucion 4K , es increíble , por lo que veo el autor del mapa se tomo un buen tiempo , se merece mi apoyo. 5 ESTRELLAS / 10/10
- One of the best campaigns I've ever played on L4D
- This campaign has given life to the game, everything is perfect
- A differentiated environment, more beautiful and rich in details
- Deserves to have every corner explored
- Certainly this campaign has entered my favorite collection
- Only one detail caught my attention, when we are raising an incapacitated, black and purple plaid appears on the screen (see print: https://image.prntscr.com/image/KswY87ZbTUOxtmpAmTpSjQ.jpg)
"But it's perfect, I loved it."
- Thank you and congratulations to the creators and continue giving life to the L4D1
I admit I ran it in Left 4 Dead 2, but so what, a port's coming anyway, yet it still was okay for the most part.
I know random missing assets is a thing sometimes, but still enjoyed what I played because it was still playable.
I'm happy you got this released and I like what you did... maybe you won't have to change much for the port.
I might even download and reinstall the first Left 4 Dead just for this (and Dam It) and have more beta!
well, if you want a serious answer, I never give 5, nothing's ever perfect, no such thing as perfect.
at least I don't remember ever giving full 5 on anyhting unless I try to balance out abusers/trolls giving 1 on anything.
This comment was posted before the latest release.
I played this map once under the impression it was going to be similar to a normal difficulty No Mercy run.
Turns out there are variations of differences which I did not expect.
To those variations I did enjoy, and some I find could define cons.
The list I have are from my first impressions; therefore,they are changeable if I played this map couple more times. Don't take them too serious.
+ There were removals of shortcuts or cheesed areas that cannot be reached anymore. Ex: 1st map - The two fan conveyors, the opposite ledge at the starting apartment, and pressure thingy next to the car below were removed.
+ Balanced brightness in areas that were dark in the original map. Ex: Sewers, apartments
+Nice little tribute/secret of Turtle Rock Studio
+No Tier 2 weapons at the safe rooms until Rooftop. Players may have a different opinion on this, but this is a good idea to punish those that have died along the way to the saferooms.
+Textures are well detailed. Ex Cars, walls, pillars, elevator.
+Variations of different props and locations area nice thing to see. Ex: Medical cabinets shifts location shifts, the clothing store.
+Thank you for having the wall collapse next to the usual corner hold of Hospital during elevator crescendo. It only breaks in versus mode or survival mode in the original l4d version.
+ Pillar @ start in Rooftop
+Rope ladder to the helicopter
+Molotov alarm isn't necessary but tis a fine sound to know you're getting burned infected. :)
- rip burger tank
- Takes a few seconds longer for the horde to spawn from crescendo. Ex: Car alarms, gas station explosion
- On Sewers: I felt there should've been another ammonium pile between the arrival of the gas station to the drop of the vent. I was using an m16 and went back to the safe room twice for ammonium.
- On Rooftop: The increase height to the lower division and buildings makes it very easy to get ledge incap from a simple jump. You have to be almost precise to use the ladder to go down the lower division. Overall I had to be careful where I leap.
Overall, amazing job on this recreation! I was brought to another vibe when playing. I hope you and your teammates continue in more projects like these!
Thank You very much for this release :)
For me old art-concept with the lights is better , it looks really like all humanity gone crazy a few seconds ago. Realistic shadows and bright spots in place or room, as on the palm of the enemy , make you feel defenseless in a way of the horror.
* Great map design with gloomy atmosphere.
*Most areas are highly detailed.
*Great level design.
*Skybox was quite awesome aswell.
*Nice add :)
hmm nothing yet...
I really enjoyed playing this campaign. I can highly recommend it. From my point of view it's one of the best custom campaigns I'ever played in l4d.
Thank you guys for sharing it