Such a beautiful campaign.
But I have to agree map 3 suckssssssssss big time. The layout wasn't the best and the lighting made it worse. Why are doors and paths that don't do anything or lead to anywhere need to be high lighted?
+ unique setting
+ great texture
+ music is amazing
+ the custom model is amazing
+ unique weapon
+ probably the only custom campaign mall level that feels unique
+ the skybox is beautiful.
+ good navigation mesh.
+ item and infected spawn is balance even on realism expert. plenty of loots.
- map 3 has terrible pathing, bad lighting guides, and super annoying cresendo event.
- map 5 feels lacking and small, since the other 3 maps are very big and unique. its a traditional finale but with double tanks. i know some people don't like double tanks, but I didn't mind it too much.
- map 4 had some missing textures.
this is a pretty solid campaign with only a few glaring flaws.
+ very good campaign.
+ beautiful map.
+ balance spawns
+ unique layout. the layout in the first two maps can be weird and confusing if you're not used to moving through winding non grid streets. but you can follow the end of the street as a guide.
+ beautiful textures
+ custom models
+ cool mechanics
+ easter eggs.
+ good balance length. at only four maps, the campaign maintains a good theme and direction and doesn't get boring or exhausting.
- bot navigation for the first four maps is good. but the finale has a lot of places the bots can get stuck on.
- missed opportunity to include more music, the map would be such more immersive with custom music.
- lighting is not very good, not a lot of spot lighting or atmospheric lighting to guide players along and set the mood
if this map gets an update I'd highly recommend the creator add more lighting to guide players along, until then if you're having trouble just follow where the infected spawn. the jockey always spawns in front of the survivor's path. good luck, have fun and stay hydrated and be responsible in public!
OP, thank for the reply. I played a few more times, and on navigation i think only the last map has some issues. i think there are some invisible walls or play clip walls that were forgotten or not high enough, sometimes we can fall down into the "swamps" on the side on the road or we can get thrown down there by a tank. and there isn't a path to go back up the road.
i see it happens mostly in the run near where the grenade launchers always spawn. because that's when the tank mostly knocks us down there.
you've done a great job with this campaign. i really like it. hope to get an update sometime with all the feedback.
This comment was posted before the latest release.
thank you Peanut! I tried to make the map realistic and dont over use the lights as a path marker, on the playtesting my players said that is well balanced, but I can improve this... Also, Im gonna check the navigations, never got a problem on finale, only when bots are surrounded by infected
This comment was posted before the latest release.
+ very cool map with unique finale.
+ bot navigation is servicable.
+ population is balance.
+ some of the maps are designed very life like, it feels like an official campaign.
+ unique events
+ many maps
the many maps is a downside but really the camapaign's only one, its exhaustingly long. it feels like some of the maps could've been left on the cutting room floor. but other than that, its a very cool campaign.
- Very detailed map.
- cool scenery and setting. world feels lives in.
- nice textures
- npc and voice acting
- balance infected spawn, for the first three of the maps.
- nice use of voice lines
- too many construction uncommon
- chapter 4 and a few small areas love dropping infected on your head, which is never fun.
- item spawning on the last two chapters are not so good.
- finale is glitched. idk how we even managed to finish it. everyone else died a tank spawn and then i was able to access the train. really weird.
- good nav
- item spawns are terrible
- not very good with infected spawns, had to fight tanks with melee and single pistols lol.
- director just throws infected your way nonstop no breathing room, often stacking multiple SI at once
- too many rushed crescendo events
- the tight layout isn't very fun for fighting tanks on higher difficulties
- SI drops on your head a lot
- all reused asset so it feels very samey
- the map design doesn't feel realistic
if you play on easy or normal mode it might not be too bad. its a very old campaign so its all passable, campaign had potential and it would be cool if it could be updated with more modern conventions and more unique assets.
- the theme is cool
- fairly balance
- navigation is sensible some spots to explore
- the map has weird invisible walls everywhere that didn't need to be there.
- weird spawn logic, witches would spawn right in front of you
- the campaign feels lacking or the world feels oddly empty. this would've done way better as a short 4-5 chapter campaign instead.
overall i enjoyed it, not something i look replay a lot unless i have people calling me to play it with me.
- very long
- good atmosphere
- very detail, dont notice too many spots that looks unnatural or nonsensical.
- big maps
- great stage design and use of lighting, the maps are big but you're never at a lost as to where to go thanks to how good they use lighting to guide you.
- well balanced, challenging but it never feels unfair.
- good and satisfying finale, too many great campaigns fall short when it comes to delivering a satisfying finale. this isn't one of them.
- very long, if you don't like long campaigns that is.
- bots won't pickup most items
- bots sometimes dont go into the saferooms, maps 2-3
- too many forced witch encounters on choke points. like every map has at least one, it gets repetitive after the first two maps.
Great layout and exploration, very interesting to replay it. But the map could do better with improved lighting cue designs, navigating inside the mall was very annoying because you could run around in circles with some of the weird pathing and lack of cues. Bots are also slower at navigating the map especially in the new areas.
I like but its not really "night" enough for my taste. The map is darker but the skybox is too too bright so it looks a bit janky. Really like the alternative map layouts, they're cool wish it had more of that.
* Interesting gameplay
* Awesome layout
* and the Conductor!!!
* I little short, I would like to see these three events be made into a feature length 4 or 5 chapter campaign.
* I little too easy, even on expert. May I suggest more specials on the map?
* It took me ten 6 minutes to figure out how to active the radio because it had no glow, is this scripted or a bug?
Its a fun map with fun mechanics, something a little different from your average L4D campaign.
Great design and details
great for coop campaign
there's a story there
a bit too long, can be boring when not playing with friends.
finale wasn't very climactic
city area was too small
infecteds have a hard time spawning, versus is terrible.
I must say overall great campaign, one best played with a few friends.
I don't know if this is just me but I have fallen out of the cable car more than once and one time the car went on without me with only my friends in there. We were all laughing and confused as to why the thing went on without me, then we laughed even harder when I died on the platform thing.