!!!V2.5 HAS BEEN BEEN RELEASED! PLEASE VIEW THE CHANGELOG FOR DETAILS AND REDOWNLOAD!!!
Yaaaaaaaaaay! A Rom and Ram Japanese voice-pack has arrived! Featuring voice clips from MK2, Victory, Re;Birth 1, Re;Birth 2, Re;Birth 3 and Action Unleashed! Listen to Ram's cheering and Rom's shyness as she asks wounded survivors if they're okay and many other voices!
This voice pack is created specially for UniBlackHeart's Neptunia Survivors 8 Pack - for the best experience, use the pack with that mod. As of version 2.5, most of Louis' and Francis' voice is replaced with Rom and Ram's Japanese voice respectively, with support for all campaigns!
I also recommend using the L4D2 Modified Talker, as the pack also covers unused lines and allows more variety in both Rom and Ram's lines.
Installation for Rom:
1. DO NOT PLACE THIS VPK INTO YOUR ADDONS FOLDER. IT WILL NOT WORK IF ENABLED FROM THE GAME.
2. CREATE A COPY OF YOUR EXISTING LOUIS VOICES. This is located at left 4 dead 2\left4dead2_dlc3\sound\player\survivor\voice\manager. You should have manager - Copy
3. Leave the copied version of the folder alone, and DELETE EVERYTHING INSIDE THE manager FOLDER.
4. Open the VPK you downloaded (use GCFScape to open VPKs), and place EVERY SOUND FILE INSIDE left 4 dead 2\left4dead2_dlc3\manager inside the manager folder.
5. CREATE A COPY OF THE EXISTING DLC 1 LOUIS VOICES AT left 4 dead 2\left4dead2_dlc1\sound\player\survivor\voice\manager. You should have manager - Copy
6. Leave the copied version of the folder alone, and DELETE EVERYTHING INSIDE THE manager FOLDER
7. With the VPK still open, place EVERY SOUND FILE INSIDE left4dead2_dlc1\manager inside the manager folder.
8. CREATE A COPY OF THE EXISTING DLC 2 LOUIS VOICES AT left 4 dead 9\left4dead2_dlc2\sound\player\survivor\voice\manager. You should have manager - Copy
10. Leave the copied version of the folder alone, and DELETE EVERYTHING INSIDE THE manager FOLDER
11. With the VPK still open, place EVERY SOUND FILE INSIDE left4dead2_dlc2\manager inside the manager folder.
Installation for Ram:
REPEAT STEPS 1-11 FROM ROM INSTALLATION FOR biker!
Getting the voice pack to work:
1. Open L4D2 and open the console. Type: snd_rebuildaudiocache
2. The previous step will take some time to complete. L4D2 may appear frozen but DO NOT CLOSE IT - it's working on the sound files. When it is is done, the console window should pop up showing that the audio cache has been rebuilt. Type exit in the console to shut down L4D2
3. Re-open L4D2, and the voice packs should be ready to go!
DISCLAIMER: Not being a native speaker and due to several limitations, the Japanese lines are most likely not 100% accurate to the context with some being completely misplaced.