This is version 1.1 of this mod. Please refer to the change log for details, that is what change logs are for.
As of Sept. 14th, 2017 this mod is also available on the Steam Workshop.
First of all, thanks Vale for teaching me how to make script mods! Well, after 300 reviews now I'm on the other side of the fence.
This mod gives you 17-shots of BUCKSHOT with any handgun, including the magnum! I've wanted this type of mod for years but haven't seen it anywhere. It just always bothered me that modern pistols often give you 17 shots, but you only get 15 even though one of the pistols is the Glock G17, a 17-shot gun. And worse yet, I prefer magnums but I'd only get 8 shots if I used them.
No script mod is going to work in multiplayer of course (because Steam would say you are cheating because you are!), but you should be fine in other modes as long as everyone has the mod installed.
This mod has the following advantages:
* You can kill any special most of the time with just one shot, and always with a 2nd shot.
* It was tested by playing thru 10 campaigns and there wasn't a single crash (so don't blame my mod if your computer crashes, OK?)
* If you are knocked down your odds of survival are now much higher, because you can kill any nearby zombie with one shot.
* There's no compromise anymore if you want to use the magnum, because it has 17-shots too. And of course it has even more power and penetration than the pistols.
* Handguns have infinite reloads, so you don't have to worry about finding an ammunition pile before running out.
* Just one shot will often kill multiple commons, especially when they are bunched together and it can do so even at a distance.
* It is now possible to use the handgun as your primary weapon because it has more than enough power to keep you alive. But at the same time 17 shots is far less than with many guns, so the game isn't too easy (except on Easy skill level.)
Constructive criticism is welcome, I'm new at this after all.