Again, first of all, I want to thank the author for letting me study some of the vscripts. I was inspired to make this vscript after I had seen the author's original script about custom weapon effects. So, I made my own weapon script based on what I've learned there.
Even though this is a weapon mod, this is a mutation mod. Actually I wanted to merge this with my previous mod "Calamity Trigger Neo", but I changed my mind & made this a separate mod. Because this is a mutation mod, this will probably have conflicts with other mutation mods. But if you have GCFScape, you can copy the vscript and the scripts of desperado in "gamemodes.txt" I wrote there to your favourite mutation mod & it will work :) .
Some effects are shown on the screenshots. I put them randomly on weapons, even melee weapons (for melee weapons, the effect is the same). Basically, these are the effects:
1. Auto Incendiary Ammo Upgrade
- There is a chance that when you shoot, the ammo will be upgraded to incendiary ammo.
2. Auto Explosive Ammo Upgrade
- There's a chance to upgrade the ammo as explosive one when you shoot.
3. Auto Explosive Ammo and Laser Sight Upgrade
- There's a chance to upgrade both explosive ammo and laser sight on the weapon as you shoot.
4. Auto Health Buffer I
- There's a chance to get health buffer to the amount of 50 when you use primary attack. (no matter how much your health is left, it will add 50 if successfully triggered).
5. Auto Health Buffer II
- There's a chance to get accumulative health buffer to the amount of 20 when you shoot (keep shooting and you'll get a chance to have more health buffer).
6. Auto Health Restoration
- There's a chance to restore a little amount of health when you shoot
7. Explosion (Beta)
- Unlike explosive ammo, this effect looks like when you shoot a propane tank. I already put this effect on two rare weapon, M60 & AWP. M60 will look like "Balrog VII" (if you know the weapon Balrog VII, you know what I meant :) ). While for AWP, ever seen the classic movie "Robocop I" when shooting ED-209 Robot with a big sniper? That's the effect :D . Every bullet causes explosion. Use with caution ok.
8. Petrol Bullet
- Like incendiary ammo, but it also drops molotov effect. See the Changelog for details
For the info of which weapons have which effects, I'll let you find them out yourself :D .
& after all, this is just a mod to make the play fun, so it's ok to modify this as you like. Enjoy the mod...
Note: Updated the modes. Now, type either one of these to activate mod with desired difficulty:
- Desperado (Normal Coop)= map mapname desperado
- Expert Desperado (Expert Coop)= map mapname experado
- Realism Desperado (Normal)= map mapname realdesperado
- Realism Desperado (Expert)= map mapname realexperado
*Updated: Petrol Bullet. See the Changelog for details
*Updated: One new "bug" on purpose :D . See the Changelog for details
*Updated: if you're playing on a custom map with low to no melee weapon, look for oxygen tank :D