The survivors start at the elementary school Anna Frank in Pesaro and they have to reach the Baia Flaminia beach where a fishboat awaits them to escape.
This is my first campaign. After having played many campaigns set in USA, UK, Spain etc...I thought it was time to have one set in Italy, particularly in my city.
This campaign was meant for "Italian players", meaning that many graffiti or pictures might be understood only by the Italians, but International players might enjoy it too =)
I started studying Hammer in December, hence the expert mappers might not be happy with what I did.
I took some events from other maps because I wasn't able to do them by myself.
I took some houses from Half-Life 2 because they are beautiful and I think they sit well in my campaign.
I had to remove many objects as I originally planned because, when I tested the campaign the first time, they were all with the missing textures. I tried to understand what the issue was but...no success, so I removed them.
The changelevel trigger areas are a bit "cramped", hence try to stay a bit close to the door when entering a safehouse to load the next level.
The VS mode is available but I haven't tested it.
1. around the end of the 3rd map, it happened to me twice to "take off" with the Spitter's spit. I levitated towards the skybox and then fell down harmless. Don't know why...the func_detail_blocker might be the cause?;
2. in some SHs I had to remove the medikits and weapons and put them outside the next map's SH because they were floating in the air (also around the map) and not interactive. I tried to fix this but unsuccessfully, so...the solution I found is a bit rough but at least it works;
3. in the 4th map "Cattabrighe 2", if you have the Shader Detail set on Very High / High, the objects might look white / greyish. To fix this, I set the Shaders Detail on Medium / Low and they look fine. I don't know why (in the other maps this problem won't happen);
4. because of my Hammer knowledge limits, I had to pick the Custom type Finale instead of the proper Gauntlet one for my map, because the Nav_Block won't "unblock"...sorry about that, just run towards the beach after you have triggered the Finale;
5. some Nav Mesh problems here and there, but all in all the bots follow you.
Constructive feedbacks always accepted. Feedbacks left by people with the Moronavirus like "it's all ****." you can put them where you know. Just don't play my campaign and everyone will be happy.
Special thanks to:
- Valve, for their great, ageless and entertaining videogames to play again and again;
- TopHATTwaffle, for his tutorials and RealWorldTextures;
- WorldofLevelDesign, for his clear and well-done tutorials;
- Roflmahwafflz, for his Intro Camera tutorial;
- AnacondaTutorial, for his Finale tutorial
and also thanks to you that are going to play and (hopefully) enjoy running around Pesaro, the city of Sea, Mountains, Music and DEATH!